±171 .77 ACRES AT NWC ROUTE 30 & I-55 PLAINFIELD/JOLIET, ILLINOIS
- Growth markets are in the suburban periphery of large metropolitan areas.
- Young families are married with children (Index 220); average household size is 3.25.
- Home ownership is 84% (Index 134), with the highest rate of mortgages, 71.5%(Index 173).
- Primarily single-family homes, in new neighborhoods, 66% built since 2000 (Index 441).
- Median home value is $350,000 (Index 169).
- Lower housing vacancy rate at 3.7%.
- The cost of affordable new housing comes at the expense of one of the longest commutes to work, over 30 minutes average, including a disproportionate number (33.6%) commuting across county lines (Index 141).